- 1. Purpose
- 2. Scope
In the event that the applications is used to sell tickets for Third party events, these are events that are not conceptualised, organised, sponsored or managed by Talent Africa Group. Such Third parties gain access to your information specifically, name, email address and phone number. As Talent Africa Group we do not control how these third parties use your information beyond what is instructed in our terms and conditions. In our terms and conditions, the third parties are not allowed to redistribute your information to any other party that you did not directly give your information to. We also use your Personal Information for providing and improving the applications. By using the applications, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- 3. Personal Information
Personal information refers to all information about you as an identifiable individual, including (but not limited to) your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, profile pictures and identity number.
We endeavour to collect only information which is relevant for the purposes of processing. We collect Personal Information regarding our current, prospective and former clients, users, visitors, guests (collectively “Individuals”). The types of Personal Information we may collect directly from you or from Third-Party sources and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Talent Africa Group and the requirements of applicable law.
- 4. Information Consent and Use
Before and while using the applications, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. You do not have to give us personal information in order to visit or access the freely available sections of our website. Some services on the website may, however, be restricted to subscribers only (including but not limited to ticket purchasing, Celebrity bookings and music streaming and downloads). In order for you to use such subscriber services we will need some personal information about you. The information will be collected when you register with us or when you choose to use one of the subscriber services available via our applications.
If you choose to purchase a ticket or any other product or digital content from our applications, we or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information. When you use our applications, we may also send you service related and / or promotional related notifications; however, if you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you may opt out.
- Use of Your Personal Information
We acquire, hold, use and process personal information for a variety of business purposes including but not limited to:
To Provide Services or Information Requested. Talent Africa Group may use information about you to fulfill requests for services, or information, including information about potential or future services, including but not limited to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Talent Africas Group’s services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer or technical support.
- Measure interest in our services;
- Develop new products and services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on our Services and systems, and, in Talent Africa Group’s discretion, changes to any Talent Africa Group policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
Marketing Services. We also use the Information to send you relevant materials about offers and services that may be of interest, including new events, complimentary tickets, music or services. Talent Africa Group may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements and offers;
- To notify you about offers and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide services to you;
Research and Development. Talent Africa may use personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and services or develop new products and services. From time to time, Talent Africa may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with personal information, or whose personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on Talent Africa’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming events / offers we believe may be of interest. We offer you the option to decline these communications by emailing us at email@example.com.
Services via Mobile Devices. From time to time, Talent Africa may provide services that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. Talent Africa will collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use such services, like a device identifier, user settings, location information, mobile carrier, and the operating system of your device. Mobile versions of Talent Africa’s services may require that users log in with an account. In such cases, information about use of mobile versions of the services may be associated with accounts.
Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. We may use personal information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not personal Information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Talent Africa and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
Automated Decision Making and Fraud Prevention. Talent Africa may use a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, your personal Information, for the purposes of automated and non-automated decision-making related to fraud prevention and related activities. If we use automated decision making in other contexts, we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object where required by law.
Other Uses. We may use personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal Information or with your consent.
- 6. Onward Transfer —Talent Africa Group May Disclose Your Information
We will disclose your information where required as follows:
(a) Information We Share
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal Information include but are not limited to service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the applications and services.
- Business Partners. We may share personal information with our business partners, and affiliates for our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a service that you have requested. Talent Africa may also provide personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name and / or logo will appear, along with Talent Africa. We require our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which we provided them.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Through our services, we may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) as well as selected personal information we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non Talent Africa related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioural advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the applications to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing at no cost by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information, other account information and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Talent Africa’s policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Talent Africa; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
- (b) International Data Transfers
You agree that all personal information collected via the applications or by Talent Africa may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Talent Africa, you explicitly consent to the storage of your personal information in these locations.
- Cookies, Pixels Tags/Web Beacons, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising
- Cookies: these are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Google. We may use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behaviour and visitor demographics on some of our services, and to develop site content. This analytics data is not tied to any personal information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our applications or on third party applications. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
- 8. Log Data
Every time you connect to our applications we store web server logs which show your IP address (the unique number which your machine uses when it is connected to the Internet); what you looked at; whether the page request was successful or not, and which browser you used to view the pages. The use of this data is strictly for statistical purposes and personalisation purposes only. This helps us understand which areas of the applications are of particular interest to you and also which pages are not being requested. It also tells us how many hits and page requests we get.
- Data Profiles
If you want to update any of your personal information held by us, you can either make certain changes on-line by amending your account details (if enabled) or you can send an e-mail detailing the required amendments to email@example.com. If your account details are password protected, you can help to preserve your privacy by never sharing your password with anyone else.
You have the right to request that we rectify or delete the personal data or restrict the processing of your personal data, if you think they are not up to date or correct.
Furthermore, you have the right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests as a legal basis. We are required to assess and act on your request. Additionally, you also have the right to data portability if it should become relevant.
- 10. Opt-Out (Right to Object to Processing)
You have the right to object to and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. Where you have consented to Talent Africa’s processing of your personal information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further processing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our applications and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party applications and sites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
- Email and Telephone Communications
We maintain telephone “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
- “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honour DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp,
or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
- Data Retention
(a) If you have an account with us, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
(b) If you are a visitor to the site we will retain your information for as long as necessary but no longer than one (1) year after your last visit to our site.
- 12. Links to other sites
- Social media Widgets
- Children’s Privacy
Our services are not directed to children under 13. In addition, you are not permitted to use our services if you do not meet the minimum age requirement applicable to our services in your jurisdiction. Talent Africa does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us via email at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible and terminate the child’s account.
- 15. Security of your Information
The security of your personal Information is important to us and we have established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard this information once it’s availed to us. This helps prevent unauthorised access, maintains data accuracy and ensures that the personal information is used correctly.
But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we purpose to use various security standards and measures to protect your personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Talent Africa is concerned with protecting your information, but we cannot ensure or warrant or guarantee that your information on any Talent Africa application may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our security measures.
Should personal information become compromised as a breach of security, Talent Africa will without undue delay inform our merchants and customers in line with existing national and international law.
- Changes to the policy
- 17. Contact Us:
By agreeing to this, you represent that you are above 13 years of age and are capable of entering into a legally binding agreement.
(Effective as of 16th March 2020)